The system “Liftpictures”
The individual function modules are compatible with one another, are maintained centrally by us and adapted to project-specific requirements using separate control files with regard to function, process and design.
Depending on requirements and availability, we offer updates for the individual components.That assures you
- a high degree of flexibility even after commissioning, thanks to the simple modifiability of the control files or subsequent installation of modules via remote maintenance
- short project times low total costs
- guaranteed error-free software, since many other customers are already using it unchanged
- compliance with current standards (e.g. data protection)
- further modules can later be easily retrofitted in a network.
Perhaps briefly explained here using the example of “Photo Point in the Stuttgart State Parliament”:
- commissioned on June 3rd, 2017, after a telephone consultation and a binding offer of June 2nd, 2017
- timely commissioning on June 23, 2017; with a deadline of June 30, 2017 by means of a contractual penalty;
- fixed project price: 17,450 € net including delivery and installation on site Retrofitting of the third camera module by the customer on April 27, 2018
- this PhotoPoint installation has been running without defects / malfunctions since commissioning
- as a preventive measure, the hard disk of the Shuttle industrial PC was replaced on February 24, 2020, including an update of the operating system from Windows 7 to Windows 10; via shipping and remote maintenance, for a total of € 1,440
- otherwise, running costs are only incurred for the Liftpictures photo hosting, amounting to 360 € / year.
- three PhotoPoint cameras (one with a flash system), two in the building; one outside in the “stadium”
- triggering of the selphie timer and live view of the indoor cameras via the touchscreen of the integrated central system
- the outside camera is triggered by the visitor group leader via hand-held transmitter
- image selection and printout via the central system at the integrated self-service station
- imprint of an individual code on each photo, with which the guest can reopen “his” photo via smartphone from our photo server and download, like, post and email from there (see web interface / “Social Media Plug-In”)
- to do this, the guest must confirm their declaration of consent on the landing page, this is stored in encrypted form together with their email address (data protection)
This example shows how effective and cheap our systems are compared to other solutions!